Double wall stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realstihl

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2007
eastern kansas
Picture003-2.jpg
Picture002-3.jpg
Picture001-2.jpg

I'm in need of some help. I want to change all this single wall out to double wall due to clearances. The flue pipe is Metabestos SS 11. I'm kind of confused because two stove pipe adaptors are listed. One is std. and one is flush mount. Also they show a telescopic and adjustable length. Another question- I already have the pipe adaptor so can I just use the finishing collar? This is alot of questions I know but I need some guidance. Thanks!

You could also install some stove pipe shielding on that upper part and be good to go. Probably save a lot of money.

Todd said:
You could also install some stove pipe shielding on that upper part and be good to go. Probably save a lot of money.

I had thought about that but thought it was a no-no on a horizontal run. In the picture that elbow is closer than it appears. I'm all about saving money if it will work though. Thanks!

Totally off topic, but that is a really nice alcove setting for a stove. Could I talk you into taking a beauty shot of it for the gallery?

I'm still not getting much help from Selkirk or Dura-vent. I did find something out that was rather bazzar though. I spoke to a gentleman at Dura-vent and he informed me that double wall stove pipe DVL was tested with clearances to combustable which is 6" and not tested to a Non combustable. He said I needed a double chimney wall clean out tee so I could get the required 6" from a non combustable. Sounds flakey to me. Any thoughts or recommended person I can verify this with? Thanks!

Excel makes a double wall stove pipe that has a 4" clearance to combustibles... ULTRABlack HP

Status
Not open for further replies.