Double wall stovepipe - is it all the same?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiber

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
Philadelphia
Double wall stovepipe - is it all the same so long as my class A system has a "double wall adaptor"? Long story short - I'm going to have to use simpson's double wall pipe because they have the 8in oval to 6 inch round piece and they're the only company that makes it, but I can save a mint if I go metalfab for the chimney.

tiber said:
Double wall stovepipe - is it all the same so long as my class A system has a "double wall adaptor"? Long story short - I'm going to have to use simpson's double wall pipe because they have the 8in oval to 6 inch round piece and they're the only company that makes it, but I can save a mint if I go metalfab for the chimney.

Since Simpson was bought by the Dutch they are having a price increase of at least 5% in September.. just a FYI .. other wise a good product on their double wall

Generally no, different brands join differently. It would be nice if they all had to build to a standardized coupling design, but they don't.

I ran DVL into a Metalbestos ceiling adapter without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.