Doubled Down on Mt Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vgrund

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2005
Amherst, NH
Not too long ago we had a second Mt Vernon AE installed by my friendly neighborhood Quadrafire dealer. It is a big house with a sprawling layout. The one stove did well - we love it - but we could not ask it to do all of our heating. I have been working up to this moment for a few years. Now we are looking forward to displacing most of our LP usage next winter. LP prices are just insane where I live.

The AE, a well known quantity to us, was selected for consistency in aesthetics, parts and operation. The install was fast, clean and well done, as I have come to expect from my dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 304
Nice looks great I just bought an accentra insert being new to pellet stoves still wondering wether I should have got the mtvernon or not let me know how it heats and the low down on it this winter so I can compare it to my accentra k

Where do you plug in the stove?

I have an outlet in the wall next to fire place I thought it would look bad but having it installed now it doesn't bother me at all especially knowing that I won't have to pull it out to unplug it there are various reasons to unplug it so I felt I would try it this way for a while anyway

Where is your other stove? do you have 2 fireplaces?

Beautiful look too. Congrats.

Not too long ago we had a second Mt Vernon AE installed by my friendly neighborhood Quadrafire dealer. It is a big house with a sprawling layout. The one stove did well - we love it - but we could not ask it to do all of our heating. I have been working up to this moment for a few years. Now we are looking forward to displacing most of our LP usage next winter. LP prices are just insane where I live.

The AE, a well known quantity to us, was selected for consistency in aesthetics, parts and operation. The install was fast, clean and well done, as I have come to expect from my dealer.
Looks great!! Was this unit hard-wired into your home electrical system? I see no cord draped across the hearth!

Status
Not open for further replies.