Doublewall connector 500 degrees 1'above stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
It happens when I'm reloading and getting er up to temps but I forget to get out there in time.Stove temps just getting to cat engage temps so I engage the cat and she cools down ok and then I set the draft and bring er back to around 200 flu temp.I don't let it do this normally but I have forgotten it at times.Will this bother anything? I'm not making a habit of it.

It happens occasionally to all of us. I find it a good idea to clip a timer to my belt when I start a fire. It's too easy to get distracted and lose track of time.

Ya I keep a timer in the livingroom which helps a lot.Is this hot enough to hurt the pipe?The stove is plenty cool during this period.

...Will this bother anything?

So long as it bothers you a bit, which it seems it does, it should be less of a problem going forward. :cool:

That pipe isn't hurt.

That's good,thanks.Yes it bothers me.lol I still get a new pipe smell when it hits those temps and it drifts in the livingroom as a 2nd alarm to me.Again,thanks.

Reactions: fossil
Were you running wide open in the bypass mode? It's pretty much a straight shot up the pipe in the bypass mode and it doesn't take long for temps to sore. Sometimes during reloads I only need half air or less for a few minutes before engaging and the temps won't get away from me.

Ya it was wide open,when I engage the cat she simmers right down.Then when the cat gets up to temp I close her air down.No fault of the stove whatsoever.That 1/2 air may be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.