Doug Fir over the Pacific

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailmaker

Sep 24, 2010
Northern California
IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg

Great pic.

Beautiful. It's nice that your property is above the fog bank. It's pretty chilly down there.

That's the stuff heart.com postcards are made of!

Wow that's a great view! Looks like you're above the clouds!

Ray

PapaDave said:
Vertigo.....slightly.
Do you mind if I make that a desktop background?

Go right ahead I don't mind. I'm glad everyone likes my pictures. I just got a new camera so I've been taking a lot of pics. Here's a few more.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

Possibly the most artistic wood pile pictures I've seen.

I might burn all my wood and start again, and try better next time.... ;-)

[quote author="trailmaker" date="1313757683"

Great pictures, how far down over the edge?

zap

Wow there is firewood in Heaven, I was worried about that.

cptoneleg said:
Wow there is firewood in Heaven, I was worried about that.

:lol:

zapny said:
[quote author="trailmaker" date="1313757683"

Great pictures, how far down over the edge?

zap

It's not as drastic as the pictures make it look. No vertical drops, just really steep forest. That day I was probably about 500 feet above the fog. We've been right in it the last couple of days mid fifties and dripping from the trees.

Brings back a lot of memories. Grew up in the East Bay Area (Oakland, Richmond, Berkeley) in the 1950's-60's. All summer every year I was underneath that fog every morning until it "burned off" as the day grew warmer. Watching the fog bank come back in from the ocean in the evening, like a gigantic wave in slow motion, over the Coast Range spine of the San Fransico peninsula was often spectacular. Went hiking with friends up Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County a number of times, and if the time of day was right, we'd find ourselves up above the fog bank exactly as shown in your beautiful pics. Thanks. Rick

Good pictures trailmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.