Dovre 400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niq

Sep 10, 2012
I was just given a Dovre 400 direct vent lp gas stove.
I was wondering if it was possible to put a thermostat on it.

I was just given a Dovre 400 direct vent lp gas stove.
I was wondering if it was possible to put a thermostat on it.

yes, it uses the basic robertshaw valve (if memory serves) connect 18g 2 strand wire to the top and bottom terminal of the valve.
if it has the sit valve, wiring is the same.
dave

yes, it uses the basic robertshaw valve (if memory serves) connect 18g 2 strand wire to the top and bottom terminal of the valve.
if it has the sit valve, wiring is the same.
dave

The better description of the connections would be the two terminals designated TH & TH-TP (or TP-TH), where TH can be thought of as THermostat...Just sayin...Also, make sure you purchase a Millivolt (mV) thermostat...

Most certainly. I have one that I added a after market remote(heat n glo) that has thermostat and timer etc. Great stove. My CL buy of the year for $100 in enamel Blue with venting. Great backup for my pellet stoves as it needs no power or for additional heat boost when the thermometer goes way south. Well worth putting a fan on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.