Dovre 700 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjosborne

Feb 19, 2011
UK
Has anyone got an exploded view / cross-section diagram of the Dovre 700 stove? Mine has worked wonderfully for 15 years but now has airflow problems which have NOT been rectified by careful attention to the flue - I wonder if there is a blockage deep inside the stove itself?
Thanks

Welcome. Did you pull the baffle when cleaning? It there is a lot of soot and crud blocking there it will draft poorly. Or, could there be a problem with the fuel? You might try a different source of fuel (maybe a dry bundle from a friend or a local shop) to see if that changes the way the stove burns.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I assume the "baffle" is the device for regulating air inflow - that is wide open
All the wood is the same well seasoned stuff (>2years, dry, kept under cover, brought in weeks before burning...) that I've always used.
By a process of elimination, I can only assume there's a problem inside the stove - it worked so well, burning freely, good draft, no build up of creosote on the glass, for all the years I've had it until now. If I knew where to poke a brush inside it to dislodge the material I believe is obstructing airflow, I'd give it a try.
I'll chase up the manufacturer next week - but they are very elusive

No, the baffle is the plate above the fire where the flame reverses as it head out to the flue. If this is the same as the modern 700, there should be a bolt for removal that goes through the back of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.