Dovre Focus Coal Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsck

Jun 1, 2010
Noonan, NB, Canada
Hello I just bought a Dovre Focus coal stove to play around with. Does anyone know anything about them or have a manual I could get some info from. Alot of parts adn I ahve no idea how to put together. Have most together but I do not know know what all the extra parts are for. Thanks.

Attachments

• dovre focus 006.jpg
    dovre focus 006.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 821
There was a guy on Nepa Crossroads who has the same stove and was looking for the same info..err, maybe it was you, lol. Anyhow, I did some searching and came up with nothing so far

Yep thats me. I contacted Dovre in UK. No responce. So I have a few friends over thee nad they said they are not associated with the North American Dovre. Quadfire is. But they say they have no materials or parts.

Yes, I checked the UK Dovre site and could not find it listed. Is this a new stove? If not, do you know about when it was made?

The owner thought late 50's possibly 60's. On the back on is stamped Dovre Focus 8J5, Aurora Illinois 60505. I got the stove and 250 Pounds of coal in nylon sacks like you would get from a feed mill for a really goof deal. i am going to restore it. The picture i enclosed is what it should look like. Mine is in pieces. Have a pew cracks. Picked up 1Lb of welding rods today. $65 later. But for 99% pure nickle not a bad deal.

Looks familiar... we found one very similar in a crate out in the far reaches of the warehouse a few yrs back (shop used to sell dovre for a while). They made that stove for a while, i think, right up untill they got purchased by Quad. Its a solid, heavy stove. I am guessing the extra pieces you have are some several piece cast iron "funnels" and asstd hardware. these are for stoking on pea coal for a stoker style burn.

Yes, it's hard tracking anything by Dovre down anymore. I have the Aurora from 1993, and also tried Quadrifire and an email to the U.K. with very little results. The email from the U.K. also said "contact Quad", and the only link to the old Dovre stoves that Quad has is the design of their cast iron stoves; I can see my stove still "alive" in their designs.

Good luck with your search; Dovre was/is a great stove-I really have been well pleased with mine over the years.

RSCK said:
Hello I just bought a Dovre Focus coal stove to play around with. Does anyone know anything about them or have a manual I could get some info from. Alot of parts adn I ahve no idea how to put together. Have most together but I do not know know what all the extra parts are for. Thanks.

Try this cite they are part of the stovax group uk Ireland. Fill forum out on the bottom of page. Give all the numbers. Hope they can help you out. Some were assembled in the USA. See if they will give you the technician e-mail for support. Thats what I had to do on a UK stove 1990 model. bought in the USA 2 years ago a discontinued model After I got a hold the tec. problem solved. Dealers were of no help. Good Luck!

Fake coal burner said:
RSCK said:

Try this cite they are part of the stovax group uk Ireland. Fill forum out on the bottom of page. Give all the numbers. Hope they can help you out. Some were assembled in the USA. See if they will give you the technician e-mail for support. Thats what I had to do on a UK stove 1990 model. bought in the USA 2 years ago a discontinued model After I got a hold the tec. problem solved. Dealers were of no help. Good Luck!

What site?

The stove should be fairly straight forward to run. If you can post shots of all the controls, and of the parts, maybe we can identify them for you?

pics of the extra parts would be nice, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.