Dovre Horizon Stove Catalytic Combustor Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmurphy29

Nov 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

I own a Dovre Horizon 500cc wood stove that need to have the catalytic combustor replace. Can anyone help guide me through how this is done?

Thanks.

Jim

It'll be a little tough to get any info on Dovre, but as was said in another "Dovre" post they are still being made in Europe, and if you go to dovre.co.uk it looks like you can email them a question; maybe they'd be able to help you or direct you to someone on "this side of the pond" that can. I hope you get an answer !

You know, I have the manual for the stove, but after looking at it again I believe I might have discovered the method. Seem the entire top plate of the stove is removable which should give me access to the combustor. I'll let you know! Thanks!

Condar lists a 2" x 6" round cat for all Dovre stoves. Does that sound correct for the 500cc?
http://www.condar.com/cgi-bin/cart1/cgi/database.cgi?command=listitems&pos=0&type=search

Here's the manual for your stove:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/dovre-stoves/

Success. I've gotten access to the CC. A bit ashy in that compartment so I'm glad I discovered how to get access. While I have this thing open, is there anything else I might think of replacing while I'm in here other than the CC? I see some rope seal has disintegrated so I'll replace that... anything else? Dampers seem to be functioning properly. Any suggestions?

Jim

You know, I have the manual for the stove, but after looking at it again I believe I might have discovered the method. Seem the entire top plate of the stove is removable which should give me access to the combustor. I'll let you know! Thanks!

Jim,

I also have a Dovre 500cc and it also needs catalytic servicing, perhaps replacing. Can you tell me what steps you took to remove the top section to get to the CC? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and happy New Year!

Tom

To get to the CC, there are two hex bolts on the top of the stove. Remove those bolts and you will be able to remove the entire top of the stove. Once you've done that you will see there is what I will call a 4 armed contraption in the center of the stove covering the CC. This easily is lifted up where you then will have access to the CC which is a round honeycomb ceramic insert. While I had the top off to replace the combustor, I also replacde the rope gaskets and cleaned the entire insides of this part of the stove.

I actually ordered the CC and the rope gaskets on Amazon believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.