Dovre model 390

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vw guy

May 7, 2007
can anyone tell me what the value of this wood stove is. this stove landed in my garage. i had planned on keeping it until i could use it. but being in the military i transfer a lot. so i need to sell.
i have no idea about this thing. the btu rating is 9000-32000. that and there are doors on the front/side and the thing weighs 8000 lbs.
if anyone has an idea of how much this cost new that would be great or the year of it.
thanks.

If it does sell,don't get stuck having to pay shipping on that cow.

couldn't tell if you guys were being sarcastic but no it does not weigh 8000 lbs., more like 250 lbs.

They were haveing a little fun with you concerning the weight.

The stove info Dovre are European stoves that were not widely popular in USA. Very few dealers sold the stove.

I think there are no current active dealers. This being so , replacement parts, should one need them ,could be a real issue for anyone purchasing your stove.

Factoring this in reduces the value of your stove. Can you follow up witha picture and read the imformation found on the tag one the back of the stove.

Important is knowing if it is UL listed and EPA certified IF it is then you are selling a semi mordern stove Without a UL listing IT can be legally permitted or installled in USA or Canada
So we need more info to make an educated guestimate as to value

Welcome to the Hearth

I think I have a pretty good idea which stove this is, but photos would help a lot in helping jog my memory and others as well.

Don't really see a lot of Dovre stoves, so I don't recall the model numbers. Craig might have an idea though, usually he's always three or four steps ahead of the rest of us on stove identification and pricing.

The 390 is EPA certified, catalytic and good for about 2.0 grams per hour, according the the paper I have in front of me. Pretty clean burner.

i got a reply back from quadra-fire who bought dovre. built in 1993 retailed at $800.
anyone need a woodstove?

I'm in northeastern NC. price $300. i will be traveling along 95S from NC to FL and would meet along the way if anyone is intrested.
pics will be coming soon.
pics can be found in the For sale Forum.

Do you have a picture you can post? Is this an insert or a free-standing wood stove. The only shot I could find of a 390 looked like an insert or a built-in. It was a tiny thumbnail and very hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.