Dovre Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob From Wisconsin

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
East-Central Wisconsin
We just had our offer accepted to purchase a house.
House comes w/ an already existing woodstove -
a "Dovre" model. I believe they are European made,
cast-iron and probably of decent quality. But, my big
question is whether they are UL-1482 underwritten &
EPA compliant (unsurance reasons).

Your input is always appreciated....

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, I believe all the Dovre stoves were UL listed. They were a British company. Now they are a part of Quadra-Fire, which in turn is a part of Hearth & Home Technologies. You might get some help from a Quad dealer.

Sean

seaken said:
Hi Rob,

Yes, I believe all the Dovre stoves were UL listed. They were a British company. Now they are a part of Quadra-Fire, which in turn is a part of Hearth & Home Technologies. You might get some help from a Quad dealer.

Sean

Thanks Sean...
Yes, I heard that too, but was unable to find any such info.
on the Quadra-Fire website linking Dovre to them.
I'll keep looking....

Rob

Rob,

There was a small dovre dealer about 20 minutes away from here. Remember looking at the stoves back in 01 when we were shopping..Is there any model info or anything else that might help? Will call them.

Rob,

Just spoke with the Dovre Dealer. If it is UL listed should have a tag on back of stove saying such and the Dovre Model..If no tag probably removed or you got an antique on your hands

What model is it? They are belgium made, and indeed quad ownes them. There cast line is still made by dover. Back in the day, quad and dover ran as two seperate companies under HON, they merged quad and dover anc kept heatilator seperate. This was not to long ago...

Dover was just absorbed. Quads current cast line is dovre. You can still get old manuals from the website.

Rob From Wisconsin said:
We just had our offer accepted to purchase a house.
House comes w/ an already existing woodstove -
a "Dovre" model. I believe they are European made,
cast-iron and probably of decent quality. But, my big
question is whether they are UL-1482 underwritten &
EPA compliant (unsurance reasons).

Your input is always appreciated....

Rob

Disected this stove during the house inpsection.
Turns out that this particular unit carries the
"Heatilator" name on the back, along with the
appropriate UL/EPA labeling.
Was Dovre at one time distributed by Heatilator???

Rob

Hon insustries ownes three fireplace companies, Heatilator, Quadrafire, and Heat-N-Glo
Not to long ago, they owned dovre as well, it was there cast line and Quadrafire was there steel line. They merged quad and dovre to what it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.