Dovre The Horizon Stove Model 500CC need cast part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timboak

Jan 1, 2010
anch.,ak
I’m looking for the cast part that diffuses the flu gases just below the catylitic combustor on this stove. Casting says HL 100-01. Take care in loading this stove. Hitting this while trying to fill stove will break it.
Anyone have any idea where I might find parts? Anyone have a parts stove with this available. Thanks

I'm pretty sure that the parts or no existent for these stoves. Do you burn with your dovre? What temps can you get the stove top too? Do you get a good secondary burn with this stove.

I've used it almost 24/7 for almost 5 months a year here in Anchorage, AK since purchased new in '92. My complaints would be that the draft is not thermostaticly controlled and the catalyst only lasts a few years even with recomended cleaning. I'm on my fifth now. I don't have a surface thermometer, but with the catalyst working well the combustor thermometer reads between 800 and 1500 F controlled by setting the front drafts only at the first hash mark. Side draft is always closed except to start fire or raise temp. on cat. if has fallen to low. I fill it about every 4 hours during the day. It has always been difficult to get an overnight burn out of it. It drops below 500 and probably causes some creosote problems with cat. I clean a 1/4" of fluffly deposits from the 18' flu each summer.

My current problem is it burns to hot with my new condar steelcat combustor. I've used the ceramic in the past. I have to keep the front drafts down to a 1/4" opening so the glass air wash doesn't work as it always has. I've had to use box fan to keep the cat thermometer below the to hot mark at times.

Missed your secondary burn question. With this stove it would be the cat.with bypass damper closed works well. If not you need to clean or replace cat. Condar.com has cleaning procedure. I tried an alternate manufacturer cat. last time. It cost half as much but never worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.