1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Down Loading Photo

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Morso1bo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    Here is my current Morso 1B0 in my kitchen. I does a pretty good job keeping most of the house warm. Or not.
    The site is saying that my photo is over the pixal limit. I am a bit of a technophobe so I have no idea how to alter my photo. What can I say I still have a rotary phone in my kitchen.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Kenster

Kenster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Texas- West of Houston
    Most digital cameras let you adjust settings to set the size of the picture file (pixels, dots per inch, however it's determined.) There is a thread at the top of this forum that tells you how best to handle and upload your pictures to this forum. I upload my pics to Photobucket then just copy the image code right into the text of my posts.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  4. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    If you have windows, click on the pic to open it then go to edit picture and resize to a predetermined size. I do document large. This usually works for me. You can right click on the pic an go to open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and do the same.
  5. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    Still working on photo, thanks again for all of your help. I have a question about the Morso 1B0 model. I have looked at several now and some have a base (floor) that seems to come in two pieces with a split down the center with a steal strap connecting it on the bottom. Some of them are a single piece with no divide. Just wondering what the reason is for the two piece floor. Thanks for any suggestions.
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    The reason is most likely that a 2-piece bottom is less likely to be subject to stresses that may make it crack. This is generally true of castings - that is, very large pieces which may have different temps on the same piece are subject to cracking.
  7. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    That makes sense. Thanks so much for your response.