Down spout diverter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Has anyone made or sourced a simple or inexpensive way to divert rain water from a common aluminum down spout?

I have some plants in a built-in window box that is under deep eaves, but a downspout is on the end that I'd like to tap into and add a soaker hose to.

Anyone?

Check your local laws regarding rain water collection, in my state it is illegal to collect rain water - this is for everyone's safety lol.... I love when someone tries to tell me what's best for me.

I've always wondered if plants get any significant moisture from the air, especially while its raining- and they're not under the rain obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.