Down Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter938

Feeling the Heat
Dec 25, 2014
Central Indiana
All of my chains were dull so I took the opportunity to service my saws and clean them up a little.

9 chains in total sharpened and rakers filed,:oops:.

It's going to be awfully cold tomorrow, but I still may get out for a couple of hours.

image.jpg

I'm in the process of tuning up my Wild Thing. I've had it for 12 years and I've never done a thing to it other than replacing the bar and chain. I'm awaiting a Spark Plug, Air Filter, Fuel Lines/Filter etc. It's been a great saw.

Reactions: Firefighter938
A great day to do some maintenance, days like these are when you enjoy the hard work you have done all year long and enjoy the heat from that wood processed over the years. On a cold day like today a wood stove is worth it's weight in gold. I'll probably go outside for a little today to mess around with the wood piles, and let the dogs run around for awhile. Heck the younger lab is passed out in font of the stove as I speak, rough life.

Status
Not open for further replies.