Down to my last 16 bag's, How many bags do you have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Whitfield

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2007
Northern Cailfornia
I'm down to my last 16 bags. Good thing it's starting to heat up! How many bags do you have...

152 that'll be enough until sometime in 2011.

Next up for me is some pellet testing for any additions to my approved list.

Sitting on a little under a ton ! :coolcheese:

I have about 50 bags left from the 5 tons or so I've bought. (First winter of heating with pellets) I think I could've cut it to 4 tons
if I knew a bit more about the stove, as now I keep the fan setting on high, even when burning at a low setting. This brought a lot
more circulating heat. I'll know more about pellet use next winter. Now I'm getting enough heat on 0 degree days from less than 2 bags per
day. (Previously it was close to 3 bags per day). Now, with the 30-50 degree days I can get 30 hours per bag and keep the temp. at
70-74 in the house. It's pretty nice, I must say, not having to pay for electric heat this past winter. I went from a 34 day, 3800 kw bill
last year to a 1200 kw 35 day bill this year in the same period.... How's that for savings, plus I heat the whole place instead of just the
upstairs living space. I figured I saved at least $250 in that period for heating, maybe more, figuring in the cost of heating the whole
house. Kudos to pellet heat.... as long as I'm not paying the electric company, I'm happy. I'm ready to buy for the next season, 4 tons,
please.

25 bags here out of 3.5 tons.
Getting ready to order for next year.
$240/ton delivered right now and shows signs of dropping further.

I have 92 bags of LG Granules from the 3 tons delivered April 1, of last year, and 22 bags of Lignetics hardwood pellets purchased in August of 2008.

Started the heating season with 4 + tons.

Want to purchase 2 tons of Okanagans for next season to go with what I will have left over.

The 3 cords of firewood for the wood boiler is mostly burned.

The new Buderus oil boiler, with a Reillo burner, and super insulated domestic hot water tank, has proven to be super efficient when compaired to the 39 year old, hot water coil in the boiler, unit it replaced.

Ranger

16 bags of LG's - Blue label.

Going to go next weekend and get a couple bags of Barefoots to try. Would have gone yesterday, but didn't want to get them in the pouring rain!

Down to my last 18 bags of Okies. Had all the plans in the world to pick up another 65 bag pallet this weekend, but mother nature has decided to dump a few inches of rain on the Northeast this weekend. Don't really relish the idea of driving pellets home in a rainstorm. Guess I know what I'll be doing next weekend...

Looks like I'm down to about 24 bags. Should get me into April. Then I get that big space in my garage back until September.

I have already started to refill the stash for next year. I got a good deal on some 09 leftovers. Still need about 1 ton or so to fill-up/top-off for next year.

This being my only source of heat(besides the wood back-up and electric I don't ever use!!!), I never let my stash go below 1 ton. I just don't feel comfy unless I have plenty on hand. :)

A piggy isn't a piggy unless he/she has more-more-more than ever needed! :p

I have a little over a ton left. I always purposely buy slightly more than I need so the next season starts with a surplus.

89 bags left. 26 Okies, the rest Greene Team. Enough to make Pellet Pig status in the first year? :cheese:

Geno

300 or so in the barn.

About 140 bags left. Didn't burn through as much this year as I normally do.

Have also begun filling up the storage area with new stock again too. Like Jtakeman, I like
to have a "cushion" of extra supply so if money gets too tight, or the prices go nutty
again it won't hurt me so much.

Got about 38 bags left (started with 175 or so) but doubt I'll burn any more
this season as it's too warm out to run her 24/7 and
I don't like having it go on and off.
Next month will get the garage stocked
for next year so I can spend the summer riding the
harley and bass fishing and not worry about pellets.

Bought 2 additional tons midseason, so still have 90 left. Burned all my old stuff, only have my favorites left. Will have gone through 4 tons this year, but I didn't burn conservatively. Next year maybe I'll try and be more careful with my pellet usage, or maybe not...

62 on the pallet, about 3 in the hopper. All Maine Choice, from Strong. Looks like I may just get 3 ton this year, and a sampling of what other brands are available around here, 5-6 bags of 10 brands would be pretty cool.

lessoil said:
25 bags here out of 3.5 tons.
Getting ready to order for next year.
$240/ton delivered right now and shows signs of dropping further.
lessoil,
where you getting pellets ? Been seeing a price increase here the last few weeks ,
moving the pellets for those pesky lawnmowers ! 15 bags left.

Hopper's full & the last 17 bags - outta 3 tons - are in the queue...
Stacked in the hallway.
We'll make it to April & burn some dinosaurs for heat after that...
We'll keep an eye on www.woodpellets.com & when the
prices bottom out we'll order 4 tons for next year...

i was down to my last 5 bags of green team.stopped at j=s trucking in berkley mass yesterday and grabbed 1/2 ton of dragon mountain.never tried them before but youz all talk very highly about them..$140 for 1/2 ton.not a bad way to finish out the season.they are testing turmans out right now and are hoping to carry these next season instead of the two other crappy hardwood brands that i dont care to mention.
stove got a good cleaning today and the dragons are breathing fire as we speak

I have about 12 bags of maeders left and 2 bags of Lg's I know I cant wait till the maeders are gone never again would like to get all lgs for next year they burn really clean in my stove wow ,I am also going to pick up a few bags of empires as they are made right here locally used to burn them exclusively but had a bad batch so tried something else so need to give them another try..I know right now I can get LG'S for 255.00 a ton from Lowville farmers coop but am hoping price comes down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.