DPW WOODLOT SCROUNGING / TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamaman

Oct 6, 2009
MA
swung by local DPW HQ and it is jammin..........lots of oak bucked to stove length waiting for me to load into my trailer tomorrow am - I am working on stockpile for future years and this series for N'oreasters and downed power lines around here is great for us scroungers -you may want to swing by your local town DPW yard or brushpile at local dump/transfer station for some easy pickin - if this keeps up I may forget to check out CL!

That's sweet. Is your DPW really bucking like that for the public or for themselves? Our guys knock it down until it fits in the bucket of a payloader and that is it. And forget about them dumping it somewhere you can get your hands on it. The only thing up for grabs here is when people dump the over 3" stuff in the brush drop off after hours when no one is looking. That beats CL, get it while you can.

its for the locals - the chip all the pine and buck the oak - those are most of what we have in my town - hey, I am FM grad - originally Boston guy and got back here when I got out of HS - hope all is well in Cuse!

You're not related to the Llamaman just south of the Jamesville reservoir are you?

No relation to the Llamaman from Jamesville but spent my 18th birthday at the Jamesville Grove at Winter Brothers show.....are those dive bars by railroad tracks still in business? Think one was called The Mad Hatter and the other was The Other Side of the Tracks.

pretty sure that was the place - they had like $2 pitchers all the time back in late 70's when I was a high school lad.........I brought home trailer load of oak all bucked and there is probably 6 or 7 20" foot logs sitting at DPW waiting to be bucked - I love the free heat

Status
Not open for further replies.