DR 6 Ton Log Splitter Report

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just 1 hand

Very nice, I'll be ordering one soon. I will be primarily using it for kindling and lighter splitting chores. I rarely get wood over 16", I scroung dead standing wood from several hundred acres I help manage. There will occasionally be a larger tree to split but I have a friend with a 22 ton gas unit that I can borrow at will. I want to spend as little as possible but really like the idea of a 2 speed pump, does it make as much of a difference as I imagine? Has anyone used both?

Jason

buy the 2 speed pump! I have not used the electrics at all, but in gas powered, the wasted time really adds up waiting for a slow pump. Mymain complaint with spliiters I have used is rarely force, it is almost always speed.

I need to inviestigate these small ones. Are they 120vac?

tks, kcj

The DR splitters are another $50 cheaper than when I bought mine in Dec, they were on sale then as well. Wosh I would of known they were going to lower them more. Tray's and tables are on sale as well.
http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepModel...|2:DRPowerHome|3:WoodSplitter2Step&LinkType=3

also I got a catalog from them in mail today, they now have a small gas powered splitter, ( not showing on web site yet) They are calling it a 8ton, has a Briggs & Stratton 4.75 ft lb tourque motor on it, does not give the actual c.i/c.c displacement of it, entire splitter wieghs 145 pounds, has a optional adapter to hook the unit up to the receiver of your truck. they are wanting $750 for it + another $100 for the hitch adapter

They are a bit cheaper, but the have recended the free shipping offer. Thats $99 bucks more for me. I'll probably be ordering one soon, I was holding out to see if they would do any better in the next week or two..

JAson

congrats on your purchase! my friend has the same model an loves it.

Stick burner

Hows the splitter holding up???i'm thinking about one

DR does not pay for return shipping any more as of this post. DR electric motors have 1800w the rest have 13-1500w, I was/will consider one when my wood pile and 20 amp or better plug is close enough without using a extension cord, I know move my wood to the plug, then I will have to move it back to the covered shed. :vampire:

NICE REVIEW. MY FRIEND OWNS A DR 6 TON AND JUST LOVES IT. THINKING ABOUT ONE FOR MYSELF!

Status
Not open for further replies.