draft inducer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the forum, been lurking for a while, lots of good info here. Just put in a Clayton wood furnace and I think I'm gonna build a boiler similar to a Garn. I've heated with wood for twenty years and was in the HVAC bidness for years, but I've been out of it for so long I no longer have any hookups on equipment. I'm need to find a draft inducer for a boiler with around a 1/2 to 3/4 hp motor and a 4-6" inlet. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't, offhand, SnaykeByte, but welcome to the Boiler Room. I'm sure somebody will have a good suggestion.

It's always nice to have another pro around here to keep the rest of us line (more or less).

link
I had to think way back on this.
I have only have personal experience with their wood inline inducers. And, then we used it for a corn setup, but I can say it worked well. And, has worked well for almost 3 years.

Much luck

I appreciate the welcome and info, maybe someone will have some info for me.

Mercy sakes why such a large blower? I am using a pair of 12 cfm blowers to induce my firebox.Before that I had a double squirrel cages and had 90 % of it blocked off.. These 2 ,12 cfm blowers do a great job of roaring my fire up.
I built my own boiler. Feel free to come look it over,You are less than 30 minutes from me.

I think the blower we used was 1/8 of a HP; And, it was a 20' air line to the boiler. Snake I think jeeper is right on this.

Wait a minute guys, I posted the first question wrong, I want to pull the draft, not push it. That's why I need a drafter and not a fan so it will stand up to the potential heat of flue gases.

I'm thinking about doing the same thiong if I can figure out how to balance it.

It installs "in" the stove pipe? Anyone know how? This looks like what I'm looking for, but would like to know how it installs and if it works well enough.

You cut a rectangular hole of a specific size in the side of the pipe. I think these are rated for about 5-600 degrees.

I don't know for sure because I've never checked but Tjernlund makes lot's of draft inducers for oil and gas fired equipment. Google them and see what pops up.

When I was looking for a fan wheel for my boiler I was going to try a dust collector for a sawdust/ wood chip system. The fans I acquired are 1/2hp with a 8" 6 blade aluminum fan wheel. I don't know how much heat a aluminum wheel will take so I built my own fan wheel out of 12ga. s.s. A draft inducer fan wheel needs to be of a radial blade design to handle the particles in the air stream to keep the blades clean and keep the vacuum constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.