draft issues please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I have a harman accentra freestanding ... i believe i am having draft issues... my stove goes into a tee up a foot into 90 then staright 2 1/5 feet the horinzonatl run is straight does not angle up would it be better if i add 90 and go up 4 ft after the straight run???

iceman said:
I have a harman accentra freestanding ... i believe i am having draft issues... my stove goes into a tee up a foot into 90 then staright 2 1/5 feet the horinzonatl run is straight does not angle up would it be better if i add 90 and go up 4 ft after the straight run???

see the post in the YELLOW sticky post at the top of the pellet and corn room
and more links here
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13422/

yes i have cleaned it lately and the links i already knew about
i wanted to know if it would draft better if i added more pipe

iceman said:
Yes it would

The reason I gave the links were some of the articals in the links explains the venting
and sometimes it could be from air leaks from ash pans and doors or blockage in the Ash trap passages.

hearthtools said:
iceman said:
Yes it would

The reason I gave the links were some of the articals in the links explains the venting
and sometimes it could be from air leaks from ash pans and doors or blockage in the Ash trap passages.

thank you for your help i did check all my gaskets and i have cleaned the stove many times because it was black soot building up
even after cleaning it back to back thats why i thought it was my draft
the 90 then going horizontal for almost 3 ft got me worried
thanks agian

Status
Not open for further replies.