Draft question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
Just wondering, my stove worked almost perfect last year. I did however have a few "rare" occasions where a tiny bit smoke would spill out while loading wood. I think this mostly my fault because sometimes I got smoky wood too close to front of door.

While rare, these occurances were a little annoying. I have an extra piece of double wall stainless that is about 2 ft. long and wondered if it would be worth adding to my pipe ?

Do you think 2ft. would or could help ?

Robbie

MountainStoveGuy, I think it's about 18 ft., not exactly sure, I'll need to check. Thank you, I'll add it and see what happens, it may make an almost perfect system even better.

Robbie.

Well thats alot of chimney, do you live high in elevatio? Also check your cap ang make shure its not getting plugged. 2 more feet wont hurt a bit. If you open the door slowley, there shoulndt be any smoke leaking out, if you open it fast, then i think most any one will leak.

I'll try to measure total, no I'm not in high elevation. My wife tells me I "fiddle" with the coals too much and thats what sometimes makes it smoke. :red:

I always try to open the door slowly. Though sometimes I forget to open damper............. :red:

I am going to add it and I will let you know later, thanks.

Robbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.