Draft Questions for Jotul Rangeley F-50 users ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I am new to this stove and so far love it!! This stove gets the house real toasty fast and keeps it toasty as well. My question is what temps does your flu run at I know it is different for everyone but just the same I am curious. My flue runs up to 800 on startup then settles around 700 this is with the air all the way down and the tubes doing all the work. I turned the air up a little bit to see what it would do and the flue went up to 800 with it set about 1/4 open. Does this sound similar or right to you guys using this stove? My current setup for the rangeley is 15.5 ft from stove top up using double wall stainless all the way up.

Pete

How high above the stove are you measuring those temps?

If you are about 18 inches up with the probe, then I'd say that's about perfect readings for any stove.

pen

pen said:
How high above the stove are you measuring those temps?

If you are about 18 inches up with the probe, then I'd say that's about perfect readings for any stove.

pen

It is 18" exact above the stove. I thought it was good but I would really like to be sure as our previous stoves all varied a bit.

Thanks Pen

Pete

Double wall from stove to cap,sorry.I do know that i thought i was burning this stove too cool at 275 but with the fan off it's hotter than that.Not sure just how much though.

Correction it is double wall to the ceiling box and triple wall up from there sorry!

Pete

I never bought the probe.I can touch my double wall with a small fire.Sorry not a help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.