Draft Rod on HI300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom NJ

Dec 9, 2010
Burlington County, NJ
So, when I installed my HI300, the draft rod appeared to be missing the wire handle. I called the dealer and told them that it was missing and finally heard back today. I was told that he contacted Regency and they told him the 300 model doesn't have a handle. I thought that was odd because the photo on the manual clearly shows a handle.

So, I am asking all you Hampton HI300 owners, do you have the wire handle on your draft rod?

Thanks.

There is supposed to be a small spring handle-black nickle included with the stove. The part number is 948-137

Thanks for the replies. I just contacted Regency and they are sending one out to me free of charge. So, dealer lied to me when he said that he contacted Regency and was told that they don't make a wire handle for the HI300.

Sounds like you have a lousy lying dealer. I would call Regency, find out who that dealers factory rep is and let the rep know. It's dealers like that which causes folks to feel they will get the same service at Home Depot as they would at a Hearth specialty shop. In some cases they are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.