Dragon Mountain pellet $200/ton in Northbridge, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I burned 5 bags to test. Burned very hot and low ash. Quite comperable to Okies.
Great price, wish I was close enough.

I've burnt Okies all winter but I did try 10 bags of Dragon Mt. and found them to be of high heat and low ash. At $200 a ton I'd buy them in a heartbeat if I was closer!

Just picked up a ton a few weeks ago where I live for $250, which isn't bad. I would be buying a few tons also if I were closer. This is a super deal!!

Too far for me to shlep for pellets.
The guy near me never has sales like that...sniff sniff.

BTU said:
Xena said:

That's cause the guy near you can't keep 'em in stock long enough...figured out that really good pellets sell much better (with no headaches) than crummy cheap ones..... ;-)

BTU, not sure I understand your response. I know you don't mean that Dragon Mountain are crummy!! I'm assuming your referring to South Shore Pellets, but doesn't he also stock Dragon, besides the highly acclaimed Okies.

Also, you might want to check out the newest thread PELLET PRICE SOMETIMES TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Wonder if it's the same dealer in this thread.

countk said:
BTU said:
Xena said:
Also, you might want to check out the newest thread PELLET PRICE SOMETIMES TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Wonder if it's the same dealer in this thread.

Actually, Koopman Lumber is an extremely reputable company in our area. It's a real deal.

BTU said:
[......and yes South Shore sells ALOT of Oakies, but doesn't stock Dragon's.

And this is a crying shame ;-)
We need more Dragons on the South shore/coast of MA.

To me this ad from the OP seems to be a misprint or at least a little confusing. I'm sure a phone call would clarify.
$5.00/bag x 50 bags=ton= $250.00...buy a ton $225.00 good deal if not the same as the other thread regarding wet pellets.

Cash and Carry - Dragon Mountain only

$5/ bag $200/ton while supplies last

($225/ton delivered locally plus $50 delivery)

BTU said:
tinkabranc said:
BTU said:
[......and yes South Shore sells ALOT of Oakies, but doesn't stock Dragon's.

And this is a crying shame ;-)
We need more Dragons on the South shore/coast of MA.

He has easy access to them, I think all you would have to do is ask him and he would bring some in ...they sell for the same price to him as the Oakies... so there shouldn't be a problem there. Remember that most dealers don't want too many brands to handle and having two brands of a very similar pellet is probably the reason he doesn't carry both...but it never hurts to ask.

true. I will keep that in mind...thanks

andyc said:
To me this ad from the OP seems to be a misprint or at least a little confusing. I'm sure a phone call would clarify.
$5.00/bag x 50 bags=ton= $250.00...buy a ton $225.00 good deal if not the same as the other thread regarding wet pellets.

Cash and Carry - Dragon Mountain only

$5/ bag $200/ton while supplies last

($225/ton delivered locally plus $50 delivery)

I was at the store. The ad is not a misprint. If you pick them up, it's $200/ton. If you want a less than a ton, $5/bag. They will deliver them for $225/ton, locally. Not local, add $50 delivery fee. I'm not sure where BTU got the info that they are wet pellets, I personally don't Koopman's would do that. Maybe the OP who had an issue buying individual bags got them off an open pallet, but hey had sealed pallet. You always take that risk when you buy individual bags off an open pallet. Bottom line, If you don't want them, don't buy them. I'm just passing a deal along.

Status
Not open for further replies.