draught question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pict

Sep 1, 2007
oklahoma
Last night my stove started smoking back heavily-the chimney was hot, the firebox was hot-but every time I opened the door, smoke pours out!
tried again just now-sam thing!
what causes this -anyone know?

btw-damper fully open. have fresh air kit also.

you're right! set ladders to roof, found wire mesh on cap blocked with crud. removed, cleaned, replaced-hey presto!
Slipped on ice on roof, pulled every muscle in my body, nearly slid off roof, grabbed onto chimney support leg, bent it, came to a stop with half of body hanging off roof edge. cursed loudly.Filled trousers.

Stove working great again!

Whew, glad it wasn't more serious. Ya'll be careful when going up on a ladder and the roof at this time of year. Especially when it's icy.

pict said:
you're right! set ladders to roof, found wire mesh on cap blocked with crud. removed, cleaned, replaced-hey presto!
Slipped on ice on roof, pulled every muscle in my body, nearly slid off roof, grabbed onto chimney support leg, bent it, came to a stop with half of body hanging off roof edge. cursed loudly.Filled trousers.

Stove working great again!

:lol: Spewed coffee all over the monitor and keyboard.... Safe burning!

Binoculars help a bunch if you can see the cap..........saves from having to climb on the roof.

Also, if you can get in a position to see light through the screen it really helps, even if you have to prop on a neighbors tree to get a good view........might want to let them know what you are doing though.......... :)

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.