DREAM gallery/home in quaint NH town

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The great folks that own this place are in their 90s so they want to unload it. I've been there, had stuff in the gallery (a beautiful old converted barn with an amazing Rumsfeld fireplace with a white oven, IIRC).

The house is beautiful. The town is even more quaint than it looks. Saw a massive flock of turkeys in the yard last I was there.

Comes with the gallery, a pottery, and a blacksmith shop/smithy for $575K (they'd take less if you were going to keep it a gallery etc).

We would actually look at buying this, but I don't think I could get a wood kiln there without disturbing neighbors and the wife would have a long commute.

Not posting this to sell it- but maybe to live vicariously through anyone that might look at living a dream.

http://galleryatwellsweep.com/house-photos/

gallery-25.jpg

gallery-32.jpg

Those turkeys should drop the price by a few thousand...

I say "go for it!"

Here in New York the taxes would be over 10k a year on that type of property.

wow what a great fireplace!!! and look at all those pinned mortice and tenon joints (imagine the work and artistry that went into building that):p
Id really appreciate more pictures (of the home and the land and the outbuildings)

what town is it in (do you have a link to the mls listing or zillow.com listing or trulia.com listing?)

It appears to be overpriced to me unless im missing some info like HUGE acreage or a Smith Shop with $100k of quips in it or something???

I have some customers who are right up this ally and are currently looking in Vermont (they want acreage mostly with access to a fresh water source IE: stream, river, pond, lake someplace on the property).

Love the thread and i hope you can post more pics of the grounds and home soon:p

Sincerely Doug (Realtor)

There are many towns in SW NH within commuting distance of Hanover that houses go for big dollars. The towns are extrtemely restrictive on zoning and few new houses can be built. What ones that are there tend to be very expensive as there is limited supply and a big demand from folks who earn good wages with the hospital, dartmouth college or numerous buisnesses.

One thing to keep in mind is that the local property taxes are usally significant.

wow what a great fireplace!!! and look at all those pinned mortice and tenon joints (imagine the work and artistry that went into building that):p
Id really appreciate more pictures (of the home and the land and the outbuildings)

what town is it in (do you have a link to the mls listing or zillow.com listing or trulia.com listing?)

It appears to be overpriced to me unless im missing some info like HUGE acreage or a Smith Shop with $100k of quips in it or something???

I have some customers who are right up this ally and are currently looking in Vermont (they want acreage mostly with access to a fresh water source IE: stream, river, pond, lake someplace on the property).

Love the thread and i hope you can post more pics of the grounds and home soon:p

Sincerely Doug (Realtor)

Doug- there are more pics at the link: http://galleryatwellsweep.com/house-photos/
When you see the town, etc it seems well worth the money- but then I'm used to S.NH and Massachusetts prices, which are through the roof

AP do you have any of your work in the gallery up there? I'm curious how much business they have up there. It seems there are other artists in the area that may attract customers. That is a very, very bucolic spot.

Yeah, everything and everbody unfortunately runs in fifth gear down here. NH looks better all the time.

AP do you have any of your work in the gallery up there? I'm curious how much business they have up there. It seems there are other artists in the area that may attract customers. That is a very, very bucolic spot.

Yeah, everything and everbody unfortunately runs in fifth gear down here. NH looks better all the time.

I have sold through them at holiday shows (month long type deals). Seems like they have developed a customer base and do OK. It's all Norman Rockwell

Status
Not open for further replies.