drilling double wall pipe 2 holes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk_411

Dec 30, 2015
canada
Would there be any issues having 2 1/8" holes drill into double wall?

Why 2 holes? Well I currently have a 4" dial probe at 6 o'clock position to monitor flue temp. I'm looking at introducing another 4" probe sensor at the back 12 o'clock for my auber heater meter. The heater meter is not as good of display as the AT210-COMBO combo. I'm getting the heater meter (hopefully ordering this morning) for its wireless network monitoring ability. So basically going to try and hide it behind stove, out of sight. This could change if I am pleased with the display and esthetics of the heater meter along with a clean n tidy install, may reuse the hole I have and for go the dial probe. But I have a feeling I may hide the M.H.

Bottom line, will 2 1/8" holes be an issue? 6 & 12 o'clock

It won't hurt a thing. If the hole bothers you, put a #8 sheet metal screw in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.