Drolet 1400I- loading the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Helped a neighbor install an insulated liner and this stove a few weeks ago. He needs more wood at this point, but before we get him set up, what works best in this stove? N/S or E/W loading?
He is burning E/W, dry cottonwood and aspen I suspect, but running 500::Fstove top with the air wide open. Would going N/S in this stove make a difference?

Why wide open? If he's looking for hotter temps he wants to easy the air down in steps.

rdust- I understand. Not sure he does though.
He called about a week ago, asking about his air settings. I passed on what I could, and I know he lurks here, so I expected him to try different air settings.
I need to help set him up with a few cords, but was wondering if a N/S burn is better than an E/W?
Anyone have any experience with this stove/insert?
Thanks, JB

Status
Not open for further replies.