Drolet 1440i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj5001

Oct 15, 2011
United States
does it come with the appliance adapter?

also -- it says in the manual that it needs a fresh air intake (or does it?) if so, can you take some small stove pipe up to the fresh air opening and lead it to the front?

and -- I hear it doesn't really need a faceplate? I'm building a custom concrete trim piece instead (and it will have gaps -- it won't touch the stove)

I wouldn't ask if these things were covered in the manual and they're not -- and Drolet support is non-existent.

I was told to buy the 1800i for the additional 50 bucks -- why? (because it's "bigger") ?

It does not come with the adapter. Your building code will determine if you have to have the outside air. The face plate will make the install much easier and finishes of the unit. the 1800 may be a good choice for the extra heat and only $50 up charge. it really depends on what your trying to

Status
Not open for further replies.