Drolet 1800- Happy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realstihl

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2007
eastern kansas
image.jpg
I'm really impressed with this Drolet 1800. I can get the secondaries to go with ease. I'm happy.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture is upside down from what I can tell. Looking at the door and the way the flames are.
Those dang cell phone cameras. :)

Your picture is upside down from what I can tell. Looking at the door and the way the flames are.
Those dang cell phone cameras. :)
I don't know. They are taken with an I-pad and it's right on the preview but upside down when posted.:eek:

Drolet seems to be a hidden gem among stove manufacturers. There aren't a lot of reviews of them out there, but the one's I've seen are very positive. Quality construction, great performance and a reasonable price. Seems like a formula for success....yes, I am a rocket surgeon ;em

The drolet escape 1800 is the typical tube stove. The secondary action shown is typical of a tube stove. These stoves are well made high quality even tho they are plain steel stoves. I do like the bypass damper feature. You have to remember to close them. Most stoves of these type will operate in similar performance. Some little things that are nice is if you can load both ways North/South or East/West thus a firebox that is more square. I did notice the stoves with steel baffle manifold types radiate more heat out the top of the stove. The ceramic baffle boards keep more heat in the stove but output plenty of heat especially if the stove has excess capacity. So when looking for a plain steel stove build quality is key and sizing the stove for your needs or a little bigger than you need is what you want.

I love the look of a plain steel stove with a little gold trim but thats just me.

Drolets are nice stoves.

Englander makes nice stoves also.

Status
Not open for further replies.