drolet 1800I. maybe not as hot as it was before?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctswf

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2014
ct, usa
Hi, so this is my first year with a wood stove, and its very possible im completely wrong about this...

it seems like the drolet 1800I is spitting out a little tiny bit less heat than it was when I first started using it a few months ago, maybe just a tad.

If the firebox is blazing, and the fans on full speed, thats that right theres not much that can be affecting it? I have not cleaned the iner air tubes yet but I assume thats for the fire itself, which is roaring and seems to be getting proper air.

Now, it is colder out so the heat doesnt move as much as it had, mabe im tricked by that. Also my wood I bought is kind of mix, so that might be part of it

anyway besides the wood quality and fan, theres really nothing else to look at am I right?

How does it feel with the blowers turned DOWN to medium or low?
If your wood isn't dried adequately, the heat it puts out will be lower,
as most of the energy will be consumed in boiling the moisture out.
If the stove isn't getting hot enough, you blowers on high are cooling
it down even more...

Try to set some baseline measurements, room temp when stove is cold, temp after 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. Stove temp, top inside where the air cones out.

These subjective observations will drive you crazy, just the facts.

You have to think what is different from before. Wood is usually the easiest place to start. If you have only burned a few months in it the chimney should be fine, especially is it is drafting good and the fire is burning well.

thanks for the tips.

yes I think its the wood. I just loaded it up with a heavier mixture of "hot bricks" and wood, and its ridiculously hot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.