Drolet 35 - Weak Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJSmith

Dec 5, 2014
Brockville, On
I just installed a Drolet 35 in my garage. Everything appears to be working fine with the exception that the flame is weak and will die down to embers, then it will fire up again. This is an ongoing routine and it effects the heat output.

It is running on a manual heat setting, so it should burn consistently.

The auger is working. The burn pot will fill with pellets to ignite it no problem. I think the auger isn't feeding consistently. It is only getting a few pellets at a time. Literally only a few pellets.

Anyone have any ideas?

Welcome to the forum ... hope you have the Drolet installed 18" off the floor to avoid fumes causing you problems.

What heat level are you using? There does not appear to be a feed gate to adjust auger load. Heat level will be your pellet feed adjustment.

What type of pellets are you using? Many long ones?

How far open is the damper? If the damper is open too far it will burn up fuel too quickly with most of the heat going out the exhaust vent... page 15 of the manual. Mark your starting point and close up in small increments allowing enough time between changes to note burn changes.

Keep us posted...

I just installed a Drolet 35 in my garage. Everything appears to be working fine with the exception that the flame is weak and will die down to embers, then it will fire up again. This is an ongoing routine and it effects the heat output.

It is running on a manual heat setting, so it should burn consistently.

The auger is working. The burn pot will fill with pellets to ignite it no problem. I think the auger isn't feeding consistently. It is only getting a few pellets at a time. Literally only a few pellets.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.