Drolet 45 sucking air around door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
I just replaced it with the proper gasket. For about 8-10" around where the door hinges are, there is a 1/16" of an inch gap. The gasket does not rest against the door.

Whats the best way to fix? Double up the gasket material?

Thanks

Is there any adjustment on the door hinges (brackets on mine are slotted on stove body portion)? Has the door bowed due to heat? How old is the stove? May want to speak to the company ...

Well I will try to help.There is really not a problem wil a litle air leakage around a door/glass,unless it is a positive air stove(I do not think anybody ha built one of these for 15 years)but it will affect efficeny.I have dealt with this with austroflamms and rikas over the years,as the nominal gasket sizes over here are a different size,and if your door does not have an adjustment(as lakegirl suggested)you are screwed,but not really,you have to go to the next larger size :"american" gasket and not latch,push down the door closer.As we speak,I replaced my integra door gasket,from reputable dealer,door is adjusted all the way out,latch/lever hard to close all the way down,but ok,just different.Also have seen several pellet stoves that have a single door have an extra gasket underneath the main door gasket(on the latch side)to make up the difference of a wide door closure.The gaskets used was the thin glass gasket,underneath the normal door gasket..Their is no wrong,do what makes your patricular installation works best!Bob

Reactions: pinetop12
There is no adjustment. I have adjustment on the door handle but that is because I replaced it with my own creation. :)

Since the leak is by the hinges, opposite the handle, I'm out of options there.

The gasket is a glass/fiberglass round gasket type. I might take a half thickness and bond that to the existing new gasket and see what happens. Not rocket science, eh? :)

Could you use a piece of flat rope gasketing on the stove side? An a bit of graphite dust to hold down any chaffing.

The guys have the right of it ... additional gasket on the hinge side. Not much chance to alter those hinges...

Status
Not open for further replies.