drolet echo 35 - ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the cug

Dec 22, 2014
sudbury, on
have a drolet 35 that doesn't keep a constant flame. it will reach a point where the flame is at its peak than it dies down to almost nothing than back up to a big flame. its constant and like clock work. drolet couldn't give me a answer other than the size of the pellets. they say the auger is constant so there is no cycle. can there be a burr of some sort on the auger where when it reaches that spot...the auger slows down where no rpellets come down? I have also a drolet 45 and when its on high or any setting....its blaring. theres no cycle at all. any suggestions?

Might be worth a shot of taking the auger apart to inspect if there are burrs on the auger and how the auger bearing is wearing. Are the auger motors the same on both models?

Recent change or has it always acted this way? Change noted with change of brand of pellets? I know my stove functions differently with different pellets ... hardwood vs. softwood, pellet size.

How old is the 35? the 45? Have you contacted Drolet to see if there have been changes on board specs for auger timing? Wondering if newer versions of the boards may have corrected this issue...

I haven't run across anything that is substantially cheaper ... you have to get rpm, torque, rotation to match otherwise you may create problems in other areas. What kind of price tag are you looking at?

I have been quoted 155.00 to 190.00 but seen some for other brand with same rpm that fit with other pellet stove and the sbi 44038 also fits that model I seen them go for 80.00 or less at time on amazon not sure about it is why Im seeking insight on it before go brake something else on stove lol

The two brands I see most often are Gleason Avery and Rotom. One of those brands? Post a link to the one you are looking at... Sometimes you get what you pay for too:(

The one you found may be fine too ... just ensure rotation is appropriate. The one I posted is actually a physical stove shop with several locations in Wisconsin so I would be a little more inclined to trust.

Yea the manual calls for sbi parts and I'm not a 100% on it but I think the guy that was living here before did use the cheap 1 last before we got this place cause the dealer in northern ontario said it wasnt original 1 not sure exactly myself as I never purchased the stove came with house we got and it not my first pellet stove add enviro in my other place and I always maintained it every season but when I was cleaning out this 1 the back compartment was filled with grim more then a years worth and the wiring wasnt insulated with any terminal straight to motor and blower motor and other things when I took it all apart j notice auger was staying stuck after maybe hr burn time then big sparks from auger motor one of gears inside was slit up in pieces so now that I made more research I think he went got a cheap 1 and couldn't connect flag terminal lol but anyways I thank u for all your insight in this matter but I'll get original part for the stove it would benefit me more in thenning run thx a lot ☺

Sounds like you have had a big clean up job. Did you get the new gaskets that you need ? Checked door gasket too? Keep us posted on how you make out...

Also check the auger bushing, if it is black and sticky inside. That can cause the auger to turn like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.