Drolet ECO-35 H1 and H2 Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchFromPEI

Feb 25, 2011
PEI
Hello,

After running my Drolet eco-35 on high or close to high, I get the H1 and H2 error and have to reset the codes. According to my manual, it is a high limit switch in the hopper, or heat exchanger tubes/exhaust blocked. I cleaned the stove out with a shop vac, checked the hose that causes the "p" error. I move the heat exchanger tubes back and forth, (how ever, once cleaner won't go in as far as the other. Stuck out about 1/2"). It never used to cause this problem. I'm using canawick pellets with the stove on full blast for a hour+. I haven't taken the exhaust apart and cleaned that yet, but any other ideas? I'm stumped. Is it possible I can check the heat exchangers/clean them manually? Without using those cleaning rods. Here is my manual

http://homeappliance.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/drolet/eco35.html

Ummm, I have a eco-45 and never run the stove at full blast(or for very long)...it just gets too hot,especially with the pellets we have around here. Call S.B.I. or email them.

More .... So here's the thing,is the stove getting toasty hot? The temp sensors are there for your protection(and the stove as well). I can't imagine using the eco-35 for the main source of heat because they are just too little. Good for the living room to keep the chill off but beyond that,it just doesn't have the guts. There is always the possibility that because you have triggered the sensors due to a heat condition,they are more apt to trigger again with less. Long and the short is probably that you are trying to get more heat than what is safe for that stove. The pellets you are using are supposed to be upper range for heat,so that is part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.