Drolet Eco-45 troubles...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charloz24

Nov 14, 2015
montreal
Ok when I tried the first fire on the year a couple weeks ago, my eco-45 started fine. (everythings was cleaned of course it's my 4th season)

But 12 hours later when I went to check it, it was off and smelled like something electrical burned.

Checked fuses, main one was blown (7,5a) replaced it with another one and as soon as I plug the stove, the fuse is blowing.

After investigation, found out that auger motor is burnt. Bought another one and reinstalled it. So now here is the problem, the fuse do not burn, everything seems ok, but I hear the auger motor humming even in off position? I not sure if it's a good idea to start the stove that way??

EDIT: forgot to mention I got an error code 138

Last edited:
Ok when I tried the first fire on the year a couple weeks ago, my eco-45 started fine. (everythings was cleaned of course it's my 4th season)

But 12 hours later when I went to check it, it was off and smelled like something electrical burned.

Checked fuses, main one was blown (7,5a) replaced it with another one and as soon as I plug the stove, the fuse is blowing.

After investigation, found out that auger motor is burnt. Bought another one and reinstalled it. So now here is the problem, the fuse do not burn, everything seems ok, but I hear the auger motor humming even in off position? I not sure if it's a good idea to start the stove that way??

EDIT: forgot to mention I got an error code 138

By error code, this is what I mean, I plug the stove, the display will blink E r 1 3 8

Status
Not open for further replies.