1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Drolet Eco-45 Weak Blower

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Matt in Maine, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Matt in Maine

Matt in Maine New Member

I have a Drolet ECO-45 pellet stove I bought used a couple years ago. This is my first stove so I am still learning about it. A couple issues...the stove if run on setting 3 (out of 6) or higher after about 30-60 minutes will over heat and shut down. I believe the cause is a weak blower. The stove will only blow hot air at about 2-4 feet out of the front of the stove and that doesnt increase when you turn up the setting. I had a guy over today to service my furnace and he looked at my stove for me and said he thought the blower was bad. he said you should be able to stand back 10 feet or more and feel that hot air blow but you cant. It only extends about 2-4 feet. He also said the stove gets real hot on the sides which tells him the blower is weak and explains why it over heats so easily. Does anyone have any advice for me here?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    check the distribution blower fins and make sure there is not 10 pounds of cat fur in there.

Eric
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  3. Matt in Maine

Matt in Maine New Member

So those two fans are what blows the air past the heat tubes and out the fron right? They look like a beefed up computer fan or something.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Could be crud in the blowers or in the stove. Time for a real cleaning.
  5. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    I am not sure of the exact workings on a Drolet, they are one of the brands I refuse to work on unless I am saving someone's life.

Eric
  6. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Yes those muffin fans, they also have filters for them.
  7. Matt in Maine

Matt in Maine New Member

Why is that?
  8. Matt in Maine

Matt in Maine New Member

Well I took off those two metal mesh screens and wow what a defference...you can feel the heat coming out at a distance of 5-8 feet easily. Thanks for the suggestions.
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Clean those filters and likely you can put them back on.
  10. Matt in Maine

Matt in Maine New Member

I talked to the manufacturer and they actually told me to discard them as they were too restrictive. THey didnt do much since the fans were real dusty anyway. What a difference tho.