Drolet ECO-65 ducting to my existing ductworks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my ECO-65 installed and waiting on the plenum adapter kit.

It shows 2 x 5 inch coming out of a 4x10" plenum connected on top of
the unit to bring the heat to possibly 2 rooms.

Since I'm in the furnace room, I was thinking of connecting them to my
cold air as my furnace fan is always running.

Is there something I'm missing or will I loose too much heat because of dissipation????
Fan is running at medium all the time, maybe it would be better at Low??

Regards...

I wouldnt go to the cold air return.. I would also try it without running the fan on your gas/oil furnace.

Just run the ducts to where you need heat the most. Or maybe tie into the existing HVAC and install backdraft dampers, so your only putting heat to the areas you want it.

Or. . . Experiment. Thats what most of us had to do. Gonna take some time to figure out what works best, what pellets it likes, and what the Mrs likes ;-P.....

How long is the runs for the duct kit? Or can you add on to them? There is a Forum member Fyrebug, that works for SBI and knows the Ins and Outs of this unit. Has put it through its paces. If you ever have any questions, he would be the go to guy here.

DexterDay said:
I wouldnt go to the cold air return.. I would also try it without running the fan on your gas/oil furnace.

Just run the ducts to where you need heat the most. Or maybe tie into the existing HVAC and install backdraft dampers, so your only putting heat to the areas you want it.

Or. . . Experiment. Thats what most of us had to do. Gonna take some time to figure out what works best, what pellets it likes, and what the Mrs likes ;-P.....

How long is the runs for the duct kit? Or can you add on to them? There is a Forum member Fyrebug, that works for SBI and knows the Ins and Outs of this unit. Has put it through its paces. If you ever have any questions, he would be the go to guy here.

They suggest not longer than 20 '.

Right now it is 5F outside :) and I have let the pellet go all night set at 2
and heard the oil kick in. The furnace room is at 95f and stairway going to the first floor
is at 70 and was 62F before starting the pellet last night and all of this with the stat set at 72 on first floor .
The temperature with nothing added or modified seems to be pretty balanced with the fan circulating.

I just shut-off oil to see how it will do on it's own and than will set to 3 when required, to see if that will
do the job on its own.

Seems that freeing out free out the extra heat trapped in the furnace is the only
thing to do at this point.

Thx for the referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.