Drolet Eco-65 fire in igniter compartment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz45

Dec 31, 2015
Moonbeam Ontario Canada
I started my Drolet Eco-65 pellet stove last night and it later stopped with the "L" igniter warning. I reset the stove cleaned the burn pot and restarted the stove. After the igniter started the fire I noticed that the flame was not normal, it was more intense and it was coming from below the burn pot. The fire was burning in the air intake channel. I shut down the stove but the fire burned very hot for a period of time and finally stopped. The stove was thoroughly cleaned two days prior. I don't know what was feeding this fire in the air intake channel but it was intense. The wires are all burnt and I imagine the igniter is probably shot. I will call Drolet but am wondering if this happened to anyone?
IMG_20161024_224704.jpg

First time I recall something like that. Something is interfering with the vacuum created in the firebox. When was the last time you cleaned the exhaust pathways? Venting and internal to the stove? You will need to get the gasket to pull the exhaust blower. Sounds like something interfering with air drawn through the firebox and out the venting ... Fire is seeking an air source through the air inlet around the igniter instead. Blower seems to be functioning? Is there screen on outside venting termination as critters have been known to get in? Outside air hooked up and clear?

Keep us posted on what you find... Welcome to the forum!

I cleaned the complete stove and venting last week and burned one bag since. The blower works and I have a screen at the termination of the vent outside. The wire feeding the igniter is shot. I will verify if the igniter is still good tonight.

I have have been running my Drolet Eco 65 for about a year and a half and have never had that happen.

Was the burn pot fully seated down? From the picture, it looks like flames were coming out from under the front lip of the burn pot. The burn pot should sit tight on the air intake channel. I had a burn pot warp around the ignitor before which caused it to sit too high.

Is your air intake near anything that gives off flammable fumes?

Wow, not good, makes me kind of glad I have the old version with the ignitor not under the burn pot. Wish I could help you more on it but I dont have the newer design.

Any resolution on this?

Any resolution on this?

Apparently here last Tuesday but silent on what was going on... Would be nice to know if this is a issue with newer stoves or just something peculiar to this setup and stove.

Reactions: Love the Heat
Status
Not open for further replies.