Drolet Eco 65 Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DV

Feeling the Heat
Feb 6, 2012
Southern MD
Got my stove installed this afternoon. Everything went smooth untill I drilled the whole in my poured foundation. What are the odds I would dead eye dick two pieces of rebar. Fortunately I had enough pipe to extend an extra 1 1/2 " I'm all piped in and RTV sealed. There will be fire in the whole tomorrow. Gonna try and post pics. Sorry bout the messy basement. I was doing the install with a 3 and 5 year old "helping"

Attachments

• 2012-03-05_16-16-18_380.jpg
    2012-03-05_16-16-18_380.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 213
  • 2012-03-05_17-31-24_449.jpg
    2012-03-05_17-31-24_449.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 219
i have a similar install ahead of me in the next few weeks.what did you use to drill that hole.any pics of the drill and bit that you used

corkman said:
i have a similar install ahead of me in the next few weeks.what did you use to drill that hole.any pics of the drill and bit that you used

I've got a dewalt electric hammer/drill. I began drilling with the drill on the hammer/drill setting with a 1/2 bit. But once I hit the rebar and almost broke my wrist I switched to the chisel bit on the hammer setting. With that bit I just went to town untill I had enough clearance to get my piping through. I plan on mortaring outside the house to fill the void.

Looking good.... Been waiting for your install thread.

Kids are great. They don't make a mess. They make "Life". What its all about.

Looking forward to pics and your review of the stove after a some burnin time.

Status
Not open for further replies.