Drolet Eco-65 (problems)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_47

Nov 22, 2015
Canada
Hi just bought a Drolet eco-65 and it keeps shutting off over night with error code E.

The hopper is full of pellets and the auger is not jammed.

also sometimes wont light on the first try with a error code L.

3 inch air intake pipe thought wall.

i am using Selkirk type L 4 inch pipe

I got a T pipe then 84 inches of vertical pipe then a adapter to fit to wood burner chimney
that's been high temp silicon sealed.

the adapter looks like this http://www.hardwarestore.com/pellet-stove-chimney-adapter-118917.aspx

it will burn for hours like 8 plus sometimes then other times with show error code E before finishing start up cycle.

it always goes out over night now even tho it will stay burning for almost the hole day.

i scrap and clean the burn pot everyday and evey 5 to 7 days clean the baffle, bottom airwash inlet, glass, ash drawer, combustion chamber, heat exchanger tubes, exhaust channels (access traps)

anyone have any idea what to try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.