Drolet Eco 65 rear images

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VIBErator

Hiya folks,

Would any of you fellow Eco-65 owners be so kind as to post a pic of the back of your stove connected properly to your air intake and the exhaust.

Please and thanks.

H.

Sure I will take some tonight , more important is your draft reading .3 " w.c. is a good reading I highly suggest you buy a draft meter and make sure your chimney is good design, or it will smell like smoke.

Reactions: VIBErator
Sure I will take some tonight , more important is your draft reading .3 " w.c. is a good reading I highly suggest you buy a draft meter and make sure your chimney is good design, or it will smell like smoke.
THat would be grand thanks. Just making sure. Getting some dark crap on the glass that doesn't wipe off with a paper towel at the two top clips/glass retainers. Wondering if something is leaking/restricted. No smoke smell. Checking to make sure Mr.Vibe hooked it up correctly. Self install. WETT inspector coming on Friday. Trying to avoid grief in a few days.

Cheers H.

That is normal on the corners, take a wet paper towel dipped in cold ash and it will come off, then repeat with a clean towel , or use the sbi cleaner. Tell us about your chimney design.

Last edited:
Also seal all your joints with silicone inside and out, but just a dab on the outside, then I go over it with 3m flue foil tape good for 600F.

My stove builds up dark ash on the door quickly. I believe this is normal. Comes right off with a wet rag.

Reactions: St_Earl
Status
Not open for further replies.