Drolet Eco-65 Software update??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evan454

Nov 22, 2015
Pelham, NH
i was reading some forums and read you can get a software update. where and what is involed to get a software update? stove tends to overfeed on ignition cycle. I also have been having some issues with getting the stove to start sometimes. usually when cooled down. it will load the burn pot and ignite them. they burn off before the hopper auger starts feeding. sometime the combustion fan (located at the fresh air vent) wont turn on .it takes about 30 mins to get the auger to turn on as normal or till the exhaust reaches about 135. per the troubleshooting guide it seems like there might be a problem with the thermistor.

Not so sure about a software update but here's a thread about ignition issues. https://www.hearth.com/talk/index.php?threads/148638/

In my opinion if the ignition cycle is feeding too many pellets in (what makes you think this?) and it's still not getting to the required 130° then as stated in the other thread, check out the thermistor is fairly clean and not some ash or dust insulating it.

Not so sure about a software update but here's a thread about ignition issues. https://www.hearth.com/talk/index.php?threads/148638/

In my opinion if the ignition cycle is feeding too many pellets in (what makes you think this?) and it's still not getting to the required 130° then as stated in the other thread, check out the thermistor is fairly clean and not some ash or dust insulating it.
pellets start falling off the burn pot.

Yeah that's definately not right lol. Looks like you have two issues. With that many pellets being fed during ignition it definately points to an issue with the thermistor not registering the proper temperature. That many pellets should shoot the temp way higher than it needs to be to satisfy the needs for the board to recognize that the stove is burning.

I would call drolet first and see if they can help you with the feed rate during the ignition cycle. If not, in the thread I linked there is a video on changing the programming yourself. Be sure of what your doing before you do it.
The second issue is most likely ash build up or a faulty sensor.

Yeah that's definately not right lol. Looks like you have two issues. With that many pellets being fed during ignition it definately points to an issue with the thermistor not registering the proper temperature. That many pellets should shoot the temp way higher than it needs to be to satisfy the needs for the board to recognize that the stove is burning.

I would call drolet first and see if they can help you with the feed rate during the ignition cycle. If not, in the thread I linked there is a video on changing the programming yourself. Be sure of what your doing before you do it.
The second issue is most likely ash build up or a faulty sensor.

i watched the video. went to my stove a recorded all setting values for each . noticed that combustion 1 is set at 0 and the rest are at 85. the video had #1 at 80 and the rest at 85. could this be my issue? what is the factory setting for this 0 or 80 or 85?

Combustion 1 is set to 0 factory which means no combustion blowing at all. Those settings seemed to help it run much better. The stove runs dirty without combustion blower at all.

Combustion 1 is set to 0 factory which means no combustion blowing at all. Those settings seemed to help it run much better. The stove runs dirty without combustion blower at all.
Is there any down fall of running the combustion setting at 80 or so

I doubt it would hurt anything, but at the same time in that video level 1 feed rate is higher than factory setting, hence the added combustion air. You pellets my burn faster on low speed Is the only downfall I could imagine. If they burn too fast with not enough feed the stove may take too long to warm up and then start throwing error codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.