Drolet Edison?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm not a pellet person, yet at least - but I saw an ad blurb in a Home Hardware newsletter thing a couple weeks ago about the new Drolet Edison pellet stove.

High efficiency, with on-board battery backup capability. Runs up to 24 hours on batteries when the power goes out? (I think the batteries are optional but it comes all set up with charge controller etc. so just need to add 12v. batteries).

Thought I would come here & see more on what it's about, but found nothing. Is it that new? Anybody have more info or experience? Would seem to me to be a pretty neat & desirable feature in a pellet stove.

It's that new... There have been a few models that come with the battery back-up ready features. One was a Thelin but it seemed to suffer from other reliability issues. I think Paramax has one, Harman has an optional harness for some models ... probably others.

I will stick with my Koehler 22kw for backup

I will stick with my Koehler 22kw for backup

That's a bit of an overkill for keeping a pellet stove running, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.

That's a bit of an overkill for keeping a pellet stove running, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.
Does 3 pellet stoves AND the rest of the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.