Drolet Eldorado

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj5001

Oct 15, 2011
United States
Anyone own this stove? I'll probably get it because of the size of my hearth but also looking at the Austral (which has a firebox twice as big) -- Eldorado though is wider than deeper, opposite with Austral.

1600 sq ft house, well insulated, actually turn my heat off at 9pm and house stays warm all night.

Drolet is really well built I think, any owners of this model?

How long can a decent fire last in one? (Only 1.5cu ft firebox). 85% effiecient (so they say).

It wouldn't be my first choice. It's small and has a shallow firebox. I like their Escape 1800 for a mid-sized unit. It has a nice deep firebox. Maybe also look at the Pacific Energy True North TN-19.

I'll see if Menards can get the escape -- incredible prices right now. Try 525.00 for the Eldorado, 650.00 for the Austral -- but it's too damn deep, will stick out too much in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.