Drolet Escape 1800 install(Coming soon)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubby with a C

Oct 6, 2016
White Rock, NM
Hello All,

First off It is wonderful to be a part of this community. Thank you all for the collective wisdom and experience!

Wood burning is not new to me. Growing up we heated almost entirely with a BIS zero clearance fireplace. I have fond memories of gathering firewood as a family every summer. More recently while I was finishing college my family lived with our in-laws. We lived in a part that was previously a garage. The only heat we had was an old Nordic woodstove. During that time I managed to keep majority of the whole house heated with the woodstove. It was during that time that I discovered this wonderful forum. It greatly increased my knowledge on how to burn cleaner and keep the chimney safe, while maximizing heat and comfort. This past april my wife and I bought a house, my main priority has been installing a new stove before winter. Finally I am getting close to my dream come true of having my own woodstove. I ordered a Drolet Escape 1800 freestanding stove. Yesterday all the parts for my chimney came in. My house is a single level ranch style home, about 1400 sqft. It will be place in the living room. The chimney system is Duraplus through the roof. I should have the stove in about a week or two. The only thing left for me to do is finalize my drawings for permits. My goal would be to have it installed and inpsected by Dec 1st. Luckily we have had a very warm fall so far. I will keep you posted as things progress.

Reactions: jatoxico
Exciting stuff. Keep the correspondence coming! Try to remember to take pictures if possible, we like pictures.

Unfortunately I didnt get any pics of the install. This weekend my dad came over and helped me complete the install. Today the inspector came over. I was able to light my first fire this afternoon. I was so excited.
20161121_152528.jpg

Reactions: brenndatomu
Unfortunately I didnt get any pics of the install. This weekend my dad came over and helped me complete the install. Today the inspector came over. I was able to light my first fire this afternoon. I was so excited.
View attachment 188568
Great choice of stove hubby. I have the drolet classic and am so happy with it. Had a vc and was nothing but a money pit . Drolet make a quality stove for the money. The drolet is make by sbi the same company that makes regency. I know you guys will be very happy with this stove. Keep us posted

View attachment 188568

I have the Drolet 1800 fireplace insert which I believe is the same stove. Its a great stove and very easy to run.

I'm no expert and I am sure someone will chime in but that looks really close to that back wall. I think it should be 18" inches away from that wall.

I have the Drolet 1800 fireplace insert which I believe is the same stove. Its a great stove and very easy to run.

I'm no expert and I am sure someone will chime in but that looks really close to that back wall. I think it should be 18" inches away from that wall.
Yes that does look too close to the wall hubby. I'd suggest getting two 45's in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Drolet 1800 can have close clearances. With double-wall stove pipe the stove's rear clearance is 6". With single-wall pipe it's 14".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.