Drolet HT 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey148

Oct 4, 2012
Western MD
Does anybody have any experience or feedback onthe Drolet HT 2000 wood stove. It appears to be very well built and has a large firebox. I was looking at the cataltic stoves but they seem to be a good bit more money then I want to spend. I live in Western Maryland and would be heating approximately 3,000 square feet. My house is faurly well insulated also.

I think the HT 2000 *might* be a variant of the Enerzone 3.4, made by the same co, SBI.
No experience, but it looks like a lot of heater for the $. If you need help, an SBI guy is a member here (FyreBug.) Seems like a good guy and has helped several members with SBI stuff. That's a bonus.:)

If you really want a cat stove, maybe hold out for a used Buck 91. They seem to be fairly common in this part of the country.

There's also this:
You never mentioned your budget, if you are looking for a no frills insert that has long burn times I have heard that servicesales.com is having a sale on the Appalachian Bay 52's again, I know of at least one other member that has just bought one, it is one of the cheaper cat inserts out there.

Does anybody have any experience or feedback onthe Drolet HT 2000 wood stove. It appears to be very well built and has a large firebox. I was looking at the cataltic stoves but they seem to be a good bit more money then I want to spend. I live in Western Maryland and would be heating approximately 3,000 square feet. My house is faurly well insulated also.
Where will the stove be located? 3,000 sq ft is a large space to heat.

No experience but it is a very nice looking stove and clearance's are very good for a X large stove. If the western Maryland you are referring to is Garrett county, I know it can get pretty cold up there so I wouldn't recommend a stove with a firebox any smaller than 3 cubic feet and this one is 3.4.

I definitely recommend the HT-2000... nice stove and puts out tons of heat. Mine is in the basement at the stairs... and is heating over 2000 sq. ft.

You'll have to adjust how much wood you normally cut/split. My old stove couldn't keep up in the coldest part of the winter, so running the furnace was necessary, and I'd always have some wood left over after the winter. With the massive firebox on this thing, I'm going to be running out of wood soon! (Doesn't help we've had weeks of COLD weather... )

Status
Not open for further replies.