Drolet ht3000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chris1977

Nov 27, 2022
Ontario
I've seen nothing but good reports on this stove but when I had a company in on the weekend to give me a quote for a new stove it looked like he had to hold back from freaking out when I said if he doesn't have I might get one lol. He took a deep breath and went off on how chitty a stove it is and he wouldn't even think about certifying it if I put one in. So I'm guessing hes pissed because they don't sell through dealers hes mad? I also mentioned i really liked the lopi liberty and he dismissed it as well. He seemed real keen on selling me a regency f3500. It was an option until I got the quote of 7500 ugh. And the cats are $1000 for them once warranty is done. The lopi I really like but but at 5200+ tax gonna pass. Ready to pull what's left of hair out with these prices in Canada

Drolets are good stoves, great for the money. Find a sweep to install it and buy it off the internet.

he’s just saying that bc it’s not good for his bottom line. I was going to get a Drolet but decided on regency bc it was what the only dealer even close to me in the NW Maine area. I’m happy with the decision but the extra size of the Drolet would have been nice.

I've seen nothing but good reports on this stove but when I had a company in on the weekend to give me a quote for a new stove it looked like he had to hold back from freaking out when I said if he doesn't have I might get one lol. He took a deep breath and went off on how chitty a stove it is and he wouldn't even think about certifying it if I put one in. So I'm guessing hes pissed because they don't sell through dealers hes mad? I also mentioned i really liked the lopi liberty and he dismissed it as well. He seemed real keen on selling me a regency f3500. It was an option until I got the quote of 7500 ugh. And the cats are $1000 for them once warranty is done. The lopi I really like but but at 5200+ tax gonna pass. Ready to pull what's left of hair out with these prices in Canada
Find someone else. The HT3000 and the new Liberty are serious heaters. The Drolet is a value stove, but far from cheaply built. I have no hesitation in recommending them. The Liberty is a tank.

Find someone else. The HT3000 and the new Liberty are serious heaters. The Drolet is a value stove, but far from cheaply built. I have no hesitation in recommending them. The Liberty is a tank.
I really like the lopi but is it honestly worth over double the price?

Depends on what one likes. Is a Cadillac worth twice a Chevy?

Depends on what one likes. Is a Cadillac worth twice a Chevy?
I'm not into cadillacs, I just want a great heating stove. If the lopi is that much better I'll splurge. If the drolet has same heat or close along with similar burn time I'd go that route

The heat output and burn times will be similar. In milder weather a 12 hr burn time can be expected. In colder weather this could drop down to 8 hrs. It depends on how my heat the stove needs to produce to keep the occupants comfortable.

I believe the Drolet qualifies for the tax credit and the Liberty doesn’t so that’s even more possible savings.

Was the quoted price for the Regency 3500 appealing? It's a good stove. While looking, maybe price out a PE Summit for comparison.

Was the quoted price for the Regency 3500 appealing? It's a good stove. While looking, maybe price out a PE Summit for comparison.
7500 for the regency so nothing appealing about that to me . The local that sells pacific energy I've already dealt with and I wouldn't rehire him to weed my garden

The local that sells pacific energy I've already dealt with and I wouldn't rehire him to weed my garden
LOL. I hear ya. Had the same issue locally. Ended up buying our stove from Tom's store, 90 miles to the north.

Is the ht3000 zero clearance?
Zero Clearance applies to prefabricated fireplaces. The HT3000 is a freestanding wood stove. The minimum clearances when installed with double-wall stove pipe are 6" to the rear and 14" to the sides. (7" corner install)