Drolet Legend thermometer placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLR99

Dec 2, 2015
Maine
I have a probe thermometer 18 inches above the stove. I also want to put a thermometer on my stove top. There is no mention as to where in my manual. Any suggestions?

I have a probe thermometer 18 inches above the stove. I also want to put a thermometer on my stove top. There is no mention as to where in my manual. Any suggestions?
I dunno, someone here will probably chime in, but just an FYI, the few times I emailed SBI with questions on my Osburn they were very quick to respond and very helpful (used the Contact info on their website).

You're welcome. There also used to be an SBI rep on this site (FyreBug, I think?) who had the skinny on all the product lines. Not sure if he's still lurking about but he would probably have some insight. Sorry I don't use a stovetop thermo so I'm not much help here.

FyreBug changed jobs and is out of the wood heating business.

Thanks BB.

With most steel stoves the best place for the thermo is in the center of the top plate halfway between the front and the flue collar with flat top stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.