Drolet Myriad vs Baltic vs HT2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiff

Nov 13, 2013
west coast
Hey folks, went to a store that had the Englander nc 30 and the Drolet Baltic side by side. I think I was more impressed by the Drolet stove. It seemed built a little sturdier (door, handles). The Baltic is a little smaller stove than the HT2000...but are they built the same way just a little bigger on the HT? Also is there a difference between the Baltic and the Myriad? I tried to look them up but I don't see the difference. My single story house is 2000sf.

Their price is half of the brand named stoves....why? Finally, how does it compare to the Englander stove?

Will these stoves last as long as the Lopi, PE, VC's, Kuma, Napoleans........... all things considered?

There are corners and frills cut to reduce manufacturing costs on these stoves, but that doesn't mean they don't perform well. They may lack an ashpan, shielding, std. blower, or sophisticated baffle assembly, but overall they are stout, serviceable stoves.

The Baltic and Myriad are pedestal stoves. The Austral is the same firebox on simple steel legs. The Legend is the same on cast legs. The HT2000 is a bigger firebox in a step top.

Will these stoves last as long as others? I think so as long as one doesn't overfire them or bump up against the baffle due to overloading.

Believe the Drolets are Canadian made, compare favorably to the Englanders made stateside. Ht2000 is a bit larger than the 30 , 4cft vs3.5 and more output at a rated 95k vs 75k btu. 30 is mobile home approved HT2k is not. either make are plain steel stoves no frills they are not pretty princesses and as such get a negative view from the avg female participant when it comes to decor. On the other hand they pump a lot of heat for 1/2 the upfront cost of the pretty ones. Course I am biased and unaffected by female contributions. ;lol

So quality wise, these are fine stoves...just basic units? The door seems heavier and the lath mechanism seemed solid. Would you recommend single or double wall pipe for these stoves? If I were to build my own hearth pad would 1/2" plywood with 1/2" fire board then tiles on top be a good floor? Tiles might be 1/4 thick. We do like the legs better than the pedestal and I don't mind not having the ash pan/tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.